Monday, August 30, 2010

One Month report on the Princess

leading off from the previous post...
So Landri is what doctors call a "barracuda" feeder...  when it's time to eat, she eats!  She sucks the milk down so fast, she often chokes herself, and has twice vomited all over me.  She also is a 'cluster feeder'...meaning, she eats a lot in a small time frame...  sometimes i feel i can't supply for the demand!
When she was one week old, she was in the 24th percentile for her height and weight class... and now after one month she has sky rocketed to the 83rd percentile in weight! ....that's my lil barracuda! :-)  She is starting to get some fat rolls too...seems there is an additional crease to clean more often.  Her chest is so tiny, yet her belly is so round, she is what i call pear shaped! ha.
Her height and head circumference are in the 50's percentile. 
She finally lost her 'raisen' and has an 'outtie' of a belly button, i asked the doctor if that would go down and become an 'innie'..  she assures me Landri will have a pretty belly button! ...b/c you know, I'm not a belly button person, and i just don't think i could handle an 'outtie' looking at me! 
Shon and I have fun deciding on what features she has of ours..  of course he claims all the best features are his, i agreed until..   One discussion was her toes.  Everyone thought she had my toes, because she can spread her toes out real wide (a very cool talent i might add).  She can honestly grip better with her toes than her fingers! ...But one day i looked down at Shon's feet and noticed Landri has Daddy's toes, just Mommies cool ability!  Everyone had commented on  how long her toes were... my boss even analyzed them, thinking she had an extra joint in her pinkie toe! haha.  ..well we know she won't be a foot model, b/c Daddy's feet aren't the prettiest! haha.
  Landri is developing really well, and fast from what people have said..  She is already holding her head up, and her legs are super strong, she almost rolled over the other day!  I think it's from all the practice she gets from being Daddy's puppet.  Landri has quite the different dances and movements down!  ...all she needs is the instrument.. She can play the guitar, drums, piano, and my favorite, hula hoop!  I'm going to get this one on video and post!  I think it's hysterical!  Shon is also so much better at adding sound effects to her many facial expressions.  She is also starting to smile and can track movements better, these i see progress daily!  So rewarding!
  I think that about wraps up the one month report..  I will post some pictures next.

Love,
Elaine, Shon, Landri ...and the other three 4-legged siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment